No. Of Person
No. Of Bedrooms
No. of Bathrooms
part restored, part must be restored
An impressive 14th century villa with commanding views over Florence. Set in the hills outside Fiesole with sunset views over the city of Florence, the main villa, added to over the centuries, of approximately 1.630 sqm has an adjacent farmhouse of c. 230 sqm and is set in c. 25 Ha of land. The property originated as a 12th century tower and in the renaissance period the cloisters and loggia were added, apparently designed by the architect Buontalenti. The property passed through various florentine families and in 1950 was bought by the present owners who have restored parts of the property to its original splendour. A large salone with fireplace, designed as a cellar and used as a limonaia, has large doors onto the terrace with an impressive magnolia tree. The ground floor of the villa is currently used for large group functions whilst the first floor comprises a series of large, elegant reception rooms and smaller sitting rooms. The second floor needs total restoration to provide bedrooms and bathrooms. The property includes a seperate apartment and casa colonica of circa 230 sqm below the walls of the terrace with its own garden and pergola.